Planned Parenthood - Public Enemy #1Five videos released by the Center for Medical Progress showing planned Parenthood executives discussing the sale of fetal body parts have unleashed a firestorm that shows no sign of abating. Indeed Tuesday another video is expected to make its way into the public consciousness challenging conventional wisdom and calling for the de-funding of Planned Parenthood by the federal government.
But no one should be fooled into thinking that Planned Parenthood is going to walk away from 500 million dollars without a fight. It has already hired a major public relations firm to deal with the fallout. Its success can be seen in the silence of the big 3 television news networks. ABC, CBS and NBC all have quarantined the story. The standard line is that the videos are heavily edited (not true, one can watch the unedited versions on the CMP website. The next line is that PP only does 3% of its business on abortions. A nifty video put out by Students for Life of America puts that argument to rest in short order. Planned Parenthood leaders claim PP is only getting "reimbursed for costs. Another SFLA video destroys that argument. Finally the leadership at PP has been claiming that the people behind the videos are evil extremists. That is so absurd. The fellow behind the videos is 26 years old and was not even born in those days of rage. So much for the pot calling the kettle black.
So here are my thoughts as we look at week 6.
Expect the debate to get uglier.
Expect more in the media to finally have their "come to Jesus" moment.
Expect the Washington insiders to try to muzzle it again. They are very frustrated. and this includes some who are suppose to be on our side. In fact unless GOP leadership gets an earful during this recess, they will do nothing when they return. Many are truly afraid of PP. It is critical that your elected representatives know you will hold them accountable if they do not do EVERYTHING in their power to de-fund PP.
Expect the media to continue its blackout of the story. Note the media likes diversions. Two weeks ago it was Cecil the lion. Last week it was Trump. Look for them to find something this week to distract the public.
So what do we do.
It was the social media, including Facebook and Twitter that has delivered a staggering blow to PP. It still has not figured out the truly guttural anger and outrage of the American people toward PP and its actions.
1. Keep talking and writing about it.
2. Participate and join in any public protest against PP. The next nationwide event is AUGUST 22 in front of a local PP abortion mill in your home town.
3.Call your elected representatives and voice your outrage that PP is getting funded at all (especially when the government is broke).
4. Contact your local right to life organization and make sure you are getting the latest in information. Sign any legitimate petitions to stop the funding of PP by state or federal governments.
6. Speak to your priest, pastor, minister, rabbi or preacher and ask him to mention the current scandal. Inform him of what is happening in your state. ask him to have the congregation pray for an end to abortion.
7. Participate in the social media and comment on the various websites and blogs. always act and write charitably. We are seeking the conversion of the lost.
8. Know what is happening. do not speculate. READ up on the latest. Know the talking points. Again SFLA has some great links to bring you up to date.
Here are a few.
1. The videos speak for themselves. The PP executive is talking about body parts. That is proof of the child's humanity.
2. The ends never justify the means. "killing" a baby to help research so we can save lives. . Do you not see the craziness of such a position. Kill a healthy child to help save another - are we nuts!
3. The PP executives are haggling over price.
3. The Stem Express paperwork and promotional material clearly promote a profit motive for the "clinic."
4. The lawsuits do not prevent CMP from publishing the videos that do not involve Stem Express or NAF.
5. The videos show in all their starkness that abortion kills a human being.
There are points more but these are the clearest.
Finally what Planned Parenthood and its minions have relied upon is the short attention span of the public. It is crucial that the story remain in the public eye. Only our efforts will make that happen. And every day that the story continues to be discussed provides another opportunity for lives to be saved.