Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Remembering the fragility of life

This evening after finishing an executive committee meeting at the AZTRL offices, I turned on the news to find out what was happening with the search for the minors in West Virginia trapped in the mine following and explosion. The news reported as did the internet that 12 of the 13 men were alive. I was thankful not just for their sakes but for the sake of their families.

But the news a few hours later was not good. 12 of the 13 had died. It was sad and my body ached for the loss. I shook my head and prayed for their souls and for the families that God would console them with His mercy. And as I considered the evening's events and the tragic news, I felt prompted to write down these thoughts about such events that remind us all of the fragility of life.

We all have this notion that we are going to live forever - especially when we are young. In a sense we are right. We will live - should I say that our souls will live forever. It is something deep inside of us that knows that. Yet at the same time we are all going to shed the "shackles of this mortal frame" sometime and somewhere.

Which means that we all need to take stock at who we are and what is our purpose in life.

If you are reading this blog, then you probably know where I am going with this thought and how each of us can have a positive impact on the world around us. First it starts off with a commitment to life and to supporting the cause of life. There are many ways you can do this. The first is to educate yourself on the issue. Then you must use your knowledge to do good, ie defend life. I want to organize and build up the grassroots. There you can help big time. And we need contacts so that we at AZRTL can be invited to speak at various forums. We are also available to speak at your church.

As 2006 opens before us, you and I have a responsibility to get out our message that life is good. As we ponder the loss of life and all the resources being used to locate the minors, let us be mindful of the least of our brothers and sisters. You and I can make a difference.

Thanks for your support, your prayers and your willingness to stand up for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home